MULTIPLE RECRUITMENT FOR THE POST OF CARPENTER IN UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Carpenters are skilled artisans who construct, erect, install and renovate structures made of wood and other materials, ranging from kitchen cabinets to building frameworks. They work in various areas of construction.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures
- Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements
- Layout floorings, roofing or drywalls ensuring they are leveled and compatible
- Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance
- Assisting supervisors with structural design, planning, layout, and installation and maintenance
- Compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENT
- High School diploma/GED required
- Prior carpentry and furnishing experience
- Good knowledge of the use of power tools like saw, jigsaw, and miter saw
- Able to climb ladders and carry heavy loads which may be up to 80 pounds
- Capable of climbing on ladders and carrying at least 80 pounds
- Effective communication skills.
- Basic math skills