MULTIPLE RECRUITMENT FOR THE POST OF A FRUIT PICKER IN UNITED KINGDOM
Fruit and vegetable pickers work at farms, market gardens and orchards to harvest a range of fruit, vegetables, nuts, and berries, depending on the season for packaging.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Harvesting of fruits and nuts, such as cherries, strawberries, grapes, oranges, and pecans, according to method appropriate for the type of fruit, by hand or through harvesting tools, such as shears, rubber mallet, pronged scoop, or hooked pole
- Selecting of fruits to be harvested in respect to color, shape, and ripeness
- Emptying of filled containers into collection boxes
- Dump fruit from containers onto conveyors or load containers onto trucks or wagons.
- Remove ladders, debris, boxes, and discarded fruit from fields and bogs to clean growing areas.
- Collect fallen nuts into piles, using the rake.
- Obey all safety rules and health regulations
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENT
- Good listening skills
- Effective time management skills
- Strong attention to details
- Reliable and dependable
- Able to stand, bend, walk for long period of time
- Able to lift heavy loads which may be up to 50 lbs